Tuesday 4 September 2012

In praise of good teachers

While preparing to leave for Ghana, where I will be supporting and training teachers, being on the receiving end comes as a refreshing reminder of the value, beyond price, of a good teacher.
A big thank you goes to Paul, my MOTAG motorcycle instructor based at the Crystal Palace Sports Centre.
After decades working with pupils who have various learning disabilities, struggling with the technicalities of handling a motorcycle put me firmly in the "special needs" category for this skill. But, blessed with an extremely patient and highly capable teacher I have managed to establish a foundation level of competence.
All that is needed now is lots and lots of practice- which has already been arranged with Emma, who will be my VSO house mate and fellow motor-cycling volunteer in Zebilla.


No comments:

Post a Comment