Tuesday 28 August 2012

Preparing for Ghana

Welcome to my blog.

On September 9th 2012, I will fly from London to Accra, capital of Ghana, to begin a one year placement as a Special Educational Needs adviser.

To avoid any confusion, including my own, about the location of my next and previous VSO assignments, here are two maps.




In Guyana, I worked mainly in the capital and could use my bicycle to travel quickly and cheaply.
In Ghana, I will be based in the town of Zebilla and will visit village schools across a whole district. The most efficient way to travel, in terms of time and cost, is by motor cycle.

Consequently, I have had to take lessons to learn a new skill. To date I have managed to control a small 125cc moped, but need further tuition and practice to master the gears a larger machine, typical of the type available in Ghana.


I have mastered riding the smaller (red) moped.


This bike remains a challenge- to be met and conquered!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have seen you more this summer, but I'm sure this next year will pass as quickly as the previous one! What variety you will experience-I'm sure it will be as enriching, if not more, than last year! Go for it Janice! Great stuff! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best in your new adventures Janice and keep the amazing updates coming. Love, Nuala xxxxx

    ReplyDelete