Thursday 12 September 2013

Saying “Goodbye.”


My farewell to Zebilla, and then Elmina and Accra,  took place over a couple of weeks, as I hosted or was guest at meals and “sittings.”
If dreams come true- and a part of the dream is to stumble across some funding – I will return to Zebilla and, working with Haruna and taking guidance from various people and organisations, open a special education day unit in Zebilla, attached to a supporting primary school, to offer an education to children who have learning disabilities and other complex needs.
But for now- shared hospitality, tasty food and cold drinks, well chosen words of genuine thanks and a little Azonto dancing made the ending to my placement cheerful, with tears shed privately among my closest work colleagues and friends.



The admirable Director of Education for Bawku West district

The local Ghana Education Service (GES) management invite me to a "sitting." My colleague Haruna is on the right.
A`shared meal- TZ and stew -with Fati and her children-dancing followed the eating.

The VSO Scrabble box is taken to Haruna's house- we played collaboratively
Haruna and his wife Haleema- they have welcomed me into their family

No comments:

Post a Comment